Sunday, December 4, 2022

Starting over...while pregnant

I feel like my story just sounds like a lot of shitty excuses but whatever. So in 2017-2018 I lost like 130lb (from 380-250, so there was still a ways to go). In 2019 I started to plateau - I was planning my wedding and allowed myself to get psyched out about "if I keep losing at THIS rate how much will I weigh by the wedding??" I lost a job I loved and slid into the pandemic unemployed. Then I got pregnant with my son in early 2020.

Overall I was still feeling okay. I'd backslid a little but over a really hard 18m period I only put on about 20lb, which actually didn't feel that bad to me. So I started my pregnancy around 270 and gained about 40lb (including baby - I was just under 300 right after I delivered). Gained a little more back postpartum and in late 2021 I was around 315.

I was starting to feel pretty unhappy so I started diligently logging again and I actually did pretty well! I lost about 30lb in 6m or so, but then I got pregnant again in June. And then I lost that baby at 13w (well, 9w, but I found out at 13w), so I had battled food cravings and gained weight for literally nothing. And now I am about 305 and pregnant yet again (for now, anyway...).

My husband has told me a few times that back when I was really successful I was active in this sub. He says community is important and I guess he's probably right although I don't really feel like anything can help me right now and it's probably going to be super demoralizing to start getting serious about weight loss again while I'm growing 15lb of human and organ and various fluids. But there we are. Just planting my flag, I guess.

submitted by /u/contrasupra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/To613Wg

No comments:

Post a Comment