Tuesday, February 21, 2023

1 year ago I started counting calories

5'3 | SW 192 | CW 150 | GW 117

All my life pre- 2019 I thought I was just "naturally thin". Major undiagnosed health problems that resulted in me being extremely sedentary and stress eating candy and ice cream sandwiches like nobody's business cured me of that misconception, but I honestly didn't put together the cause for ages. I always figured that if you didn't have "thin genes" you had to eat absurdly healthy food 24/7 and exercise a bunch to lose weight, and with my mom being an overweight, physically active vegan even that seemed like it wouldn't work for me. Finally on February 21, 2022 I downloaded the LoseIt app, came over to this subreddit to check out some weight loss tips, and the rest is history.

I feel so much better, both physically due to the weight loss but also mentally just knowing that I'm not actually helpless when it comes to my weight- if I don't like where I'm at, I can just.. change my habits! Wild, right? 🤣

My friends are a lil HAES/fatlogic-y so my post in the group chat celebrating my first anniversary is being steadfastly ignored (not that I really expected anything better), so I wanted to come over here to share my excitement instead 🥳

submitted by /u/NapQuing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hbUNXSo

No comments:

Post a Comment