Monday, February 20, 2023

What was your petty reason for losing weight? Did it affect your success?

Has anyone started a successful weight loss journey based off petty reasons?

So background story, my husband (M33) and I (F29) have unfortunately gained a decent amount of each over the past few years- myself in particular. My partner is sitting at roughly 10-15kg overweight and myself 30-35kgs. It hasn’t been a steady gain though, we’ve had our ups and downs.

In 2017 we both successfully lost a decent amount of weight and were feeling fantastic. Unfortunately due to mental health, financial stress and another baby the scales have gone up significantly.

The other week we were at my FIL’s house helping clear out his shed when he made some comments about us losing weight. Neither of us have lost weight and I’m normally not the type of person to outwardly discuss my body.

My FIL then felt it appropriate to say a family member on my husbands side had come up to him at Christmas and guessed how much weight we’d gained individually. Followed up by wanting to know if the guesses were correct. I was shocked but I could tell my husband was feeling very offended and didn’t want an argument. So I responded with “yep that’s about right, 10kg for each kid I’ve given birth to” and tried to change the subject.

Now we aren’t very close to my FIL for other reasons or his side of the family so we’ve only seen extended family from his dads side 3-4 times in the past 10 years. I was shocked that a) they’d feel it appropriate to discuss our bodies and b) his father didn’t realise how rude it was to reveal that.

Now I’m feeling extra determined to meet my weight loss goals so when we see his family next I can say “thanks for the compliments but I’ve got far more interesting achievements going on in my life than how my body looks.”

submitted by /u/jeeze_louise_93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/DbzsJAB

No comments:

Post a Comment