Monday, February 13, 2023

Exercise and calories?

M, 28, 5’-11”, 228lbs. ~ 4-8 hrs of exercise per week.

So I’ve recently started to work out again at the gym, doing weight lifting about 5-6x per week. After each session I usually do high resistance cardio. I’m either throwing the elliptical to max resistance and aim for 3.5mph average or do the stairmaster for a decent speed. I do this anywhere from 5-10min since it winds me extremely fast and gets super intense.

On my “off” days I usually try to play tennis for minimum 1 Hr. Usually it lasts longer because I enjoy playing. I’ll rarely have a true off day because I like to stay active, but I’m going to start actually including them more. If anything I’ll skip cardio and play some tennis to sub for cardio.

For my exercise for the day I will usually log it in total as 350ish calories(weight lifting and cardio combined). If I play tennis I’ll log more, because I know I burn a ton of calories playing tennis. My band tracks it usually at 750 calories average for 1.5 hour session, give or take. I’ll assume it overestimated and log it around 450 to 500.

My calorie intake I had going for the past 3 weeks (1600 calories + whatever burned from exercise) felt like way too little. It was so bad that I felt extremely tired and weak, my weight lifting was affected a lot, I couldn’t even imagine doing anything I was doing previously before counting my calories, my warm up reps were tiring me out and I couldn’t add too much more weight past that. I absolutely lost weight, but it felt too fast and I gave up tons of energy and lifting performance doing so.

With that said, this week I finally decided to up my calories. With my weight, height, age, and activity(4-8 hours of exercise weekly) I am supposed to be eating roughly 2,020 calories daily to loose about 2lbs per week. So i decided to up my calories to around 2020 and not log my exercises. Just eat 2020 no matter what. Off days, extra calories burned days etc. I def feel a bit better, but now I’m worried that I am now overeating.

I don’t want to eat so little that I greatly affect my weight lifting, but I also don’t want to eat too much that I slow down my weight loss dramatically. Just looking for some guidance.

submitted by /u/dand06
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/TAeqft5

No comments:

Post a Comment