Wednesday, February 15, 2023

I went over my deficit today, and that’s okay.

Hi, long time lurker here, though I’m decently well on my way in my weight loss journey. My start weight was 225, and I’m somewhere around 165 as of my last weigh in. I’m 5’5, so I’m still far from where I want to be, but that’s besides the point. I’m a stay at home dad raising my 18 month old daughter all on my own, so life can get stressful quite frequently. Today was one of those days, hell, this week really has been. I usually let myself go over my deficit once per week, though still not over what would be maintenance, but I’ve already had my day for the week on Sunday. My kiddo has been sick for ages now, and today she’s been so fussy, glued to me, and has overall been a screaming snotty mess. I ate well all day, set to be under my calories actually, but for dessert I decided I was going to have ice cream cake. A whopping 500 extra calories, yes, and at first I really beat myself up over it. Then, however, I realized something. I chose to have it because I wanted it, and that’s okay. I don’t have to be in a deficit if I don’t want to, I’m choosing that just as I chose to have this cake. Sometimes we all just need a break, and my break in lieu of any other was eating ice cream cake while my daughter watched Monsters Inc for the millionth time. Despite being at 1900 calories for the day, I feel better and that’s what counts. The lesson I learned today is that this is a lifestyle, and I have all the time in the world to continue making the right choices in my life, but some days that right choice may just be to enjoy the moment and eat cake with my daughter. I hope this helps anyone else struggling with guilt over their eating, and I just want to say, it’s okay. Just get back on the wagon tomorrow and keep moving.

submitted by /u/levscott4121
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VyvuSAi

No comments:

Post a Comment