Sunday, February 26, 2023

Self acceptance during weight loss

I’m currently at my heaviest adult weight and for the past 2 years, have been overweight for the first time in my life. I understand the reasons: too much emotional eating; losing my FIL to Covid; having fibroids and adenomyosis; and finally, getting a hysterectomy. It’s been a … lot. Also, I’m now in perimenopause (still have ovaries).

I understand that weight gain under these circumstances is not the end of the world and even understandable. Yet I feel really ashamed and embarrassed. I hate buying larger clothes. I am sad that I’m a much slower runner now — not that I was ever that fast!

I’m now doing CICO and hoping to get back to the high end of “normal” for my height. It’s slow going. But I hope I can get my emotions under control, too,and don’t know where to start.

Any thoughts? I’ve often heard that you can’t hate yourself thin and stay mentally healthy but I’m find it hard to find self acceptance.

Thanks for reading. This is a great community. ♥️

submitted by /u/BlueKitten1980
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/zFPGCUa

No comments:

Post a Comment