Thursday, February 16, 2023

Upped my intake - why am I feeling tired and weak?

After several months of fairly rapid weight loss (1.1 kg or 2.4 lbs a week) I've gone from obese to just inside the healthy BMI range, and decided to slow things way down. So I dialled in 0.25 kg/week to the LoseIt app, and set a slightly elevated protein intake of 1.33 g/kg. Ever since then (around 10 days) I've felt exhausted a lot of the time, and my limbs have felt weak and jelly-like much of the time as well, though they still manage resistance exercise at a similar level. My digestion also seems a little off - I feel bloated and gross a lot of the time, and it seems to take food a long time to transit. Also I've completely stopped losing weight - which is fine, I'm not in a hurry to lose the last two kg, it's just interesting.

My theories:

  • My body has decided the famine is over and is trying to focus on accumulating as many of the now-abundant calories it can
  • The extra protein is going straight to my muscles to rebuild some of the bulk they lost over the last few months, and that is sapping my energy and making the muscles feel weak
  • I have coincidentally contracted a mild illness and everything will be fine in a week
  • I lost weight too fast and broke my liver, or something similarly disastrous

My doctor could only suggest that sometimes bodies are weird when you change your diet and I'll probably feel better soon. We're waiting on some blood tests that he expects will come back completely normal.

42M 188cm SW:120kg CW:87kg GW:85kg

submitted by /u/CurrentMiddleMeerkat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/r9EUJxT

No comments:

Post a Comment