Friday, February 17, 2023

Age really does affect weight loss.

I used to always be a runner. Sometimes, I’d cut back on my mileage and increase more gym workouts, but it’s safe to say exercise has always been consistent with me. Eating well, and cooking is something I started once I moved out of my parent’s house at 18. For 14 years, I was relatively the same weight and wore the same size.

I moved to Texas and for some reason could not run like I used to. It trained safely in the heat to acclimate myself, but even during the winters, my fitness just wasn’t the same. I went the the gym but the results I used to achieve did not seem to show.

In 2022 I really noticed my body changing and that over the past 3 years, I’ve slowly been putting on weight (from 122 to 139 lbs). December, 2022 I joined OrangeTheory to switch things up. I felt like I was getting some amazing workouts in 4 days a week. I was mindful (as always) of my calories and macros. I’ve been using my fitness pal to track since 2014 with the exception of taking a few months off here and there. It’s a part of my lifestyle and helps to keep me accountable.

I haven’t lost one pound since joining OrangeTheory. I feel stronger and am hoping that the next InBody scan reveals muscle mass gain, but otherwise I haven’t seen significant changes like I’m used to.

I woefully flicked through pictures of me in 2017-2018 which revealed a slim, toned body that people used to compliment me on. I decided to check my My FitnessPal app to see if I was doing anything differently at the time. Nope - my macros and calories were relatively the same. My exercise routine wasn’t significantly different other than the fact that I did have more runs in as apposed to HIIT training, but was in the gym enough to have toned muscles. I’m sleeping much better these days, and am more consistent with my water consumption. I have a much healthier “adult” routine which I includes far less drinking.

I’m 34 now. Around the age of 32, I really started to notice a change in physic and difficulty in maintaining what I was used to. Genetically, my mom says this is around the time her body really changed, too. I think accepting that you can’t look 28 forever has been a hard pill to swallow. It’s not like I’m middle aged but I’m not very young anymore. I’m sure in ten years I’ll see pictures of the body I’m in now and wish I had appreciated it more. So, my goal now is to be grateful that o have my health and have worked hard my whole life to maintain it.

submitted by /u/FlightlessRobot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/qC8IT3L

No comments:

Post a Comment