Friday, February 24, 2023

Losing Weight with Recovery from Binge Eating Disorder

hi! trigger warning: binge eating disorder

female|5'4"|sw: 189|cw: 189|gw: 156

i've been seeing a therapist and a registered dietitian for fighting through binge eating disorder. i was in an unhealthy relationship with my ex and dietwise, i would restrict too much (around 1400 calories during the weekdays) and then basically bingeing on sundays in secret. i am no longer bingeing after getting out of my relationship and working through some of my issues and i'm really proud of myself, though i've gained close to 20lbs since September.

the main thing i've been focusing on with my registered dietitian is eating on a consistent schedule and incorporating a well rounded meal with protein, carbs, and veggies. i no longer go 4 hours without eating. according to loseit, my tdee is around 1700-1800. i currently go to orangetheory (HIIT/circuit style workout with the treadmill, rowing machine, and free weights) and burn about 400-500 calories each session. i'm currently averaging around 2100 calories most days, which is why I am of course not losing weight.

my question is - for those who have been in my position of recovering from an eating disorder, how do you lose weight? i have been on my weight loss journey since the beginning of january and have lost no weight so far and have also not been able to cut any inches when doing physical measurements. i'm trying to incorporate 3 meals and 2 snacks, but i can't for the life of me get to 1700 calories and be satiated. i don't want to get back into the eating disorder spiral, but don't know how to make my meals more satiating and keep me full. i'm also having trouble with falling asleep hungry, which is a massive struggle for me. would love some tips and suggestions on what y'all do! thank you so much!

submitted by /u/daisydoll93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/X43jW5M

No comments:

Post a Comment