Thursday, February 9, 2023

Is walking actually helpful for weight loss?

I (23F)(SW:210 CW: 152 GW: 130) bought a walking pad so I could burn calories while working because I have a sedentary job and don’t have a lot of time to work out. I’ve been using it for 4 months or so now, gradually moving up to about 8 miles a day for the past month and a half or so. I also do HIIT, planks and sit-ups for core strength and push-ups 5 days a week. I’m also eating in a calorie deficit, my cutting TDEE allowance, with cheat days, but I try to keep my average calories for the week at or below that. Given I should be burning 4-500 extra calories or so a day with the added walking on top of the deficit, I’d think I’d be losing a bit more, but I’ve been at a standstill and have not lost weight in 3 weeks.

I’ve essentially lost all of the fat on my legs (and gluteus maxiumus which was lacking already sadly) but I’m still hanging on to most of my belly fat, and I’m building weird muscle under the fat in my hips that makes my hip dips look extremely defined. My arms are getting a bit more toned, but I essentially have a big awkward belly that’s disproportionately sized to the rest of my body. At this point I liked how I looked before a lot more than how I do now.

Am I sabotaging my body by doing this? Or do I just need to wait it out for the other areas of my body to shed fat? I know you can’t target fat loss so I don’t want to quit and start doing something else if sticking to this will eventually work, but I also don’t want to stay in a bad routine and sabotage my progress.

Diet wise, I try to eat between 100-120 grams of protein a day, medium carb and low fat(I would prefer to eat more fat, but due to some malabsorption issues it’s not an option for me at the moment.) I also don’t eat a lot of sugar, on average 15g a day. I do have a high stress job and bad sleep habits which may be contributing to my current problem perhaps? Any insight is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/verasapphire
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/PicR24C

No comments:

Post a Comment