Sunday, February 12, 2023

A little bit of self reflection. 50 pounds down today.

As of this morning, I’ve lost exactly 50 pounds. I still have another ~35 to go.

I plateaued in the middle for ~7 months which was frustrating, but not debilitating. I think it was a good test for me actually. I fluctuated in an 8-pound window pretty consistently, just depending on the time of month, how hydrated I was, etc. Overall I had to celebrate that I didn’t gain weight and I was able to maintain, but of course I was disappointed that I wasn’t losing more.

Anyway, I finally started losing again and I’m so relieved! I’ve lost about 8 pounds over the last 3 weeks, and I am blown away. Suffice to say… just stick with it. Your body will catch up if you plateau! I always heard to just keep going and it was so true.

Throughout the last few months I’ve done a lot of reflection. In particular I’ve noticed how much my appetite and tastes have changed since I started my weight loss journey.

For example, I got Chipotle for dinner tonight. Same exact order as always, but I am 1/3 through my burrito bowl and chips and…. So full. I might nibble throughout the next hour but no way can I finish more than half of it.

Also, I will make a borderline-neurotic effort to drink water the rest of this evening and tomorrow to flush out the sodium. Never would have done more than drink an extra 16 oz bottle in the past, but now I’m so aware of how much BETTER I feel when I’m hydrated and not lugging around water weight or Chipotle bloat.

Another example: A burger place in town has a salad that I used to order for the sole purpose of getting something low calorie, low carb. It was always good but I’d have taken something else, if I weren’t trying to lose weight. It’s grown on me and I actively crave this specific salad sometimes, now! In general I’ve developed a renewed appreciation for fruits and vegetables. But a good salad, fluffy crisp leaves… so yummy.

Generally, I only ever eat about half my meal when I’m out to eat. Sometimes maybe 2/3 if I’m really hungry. That is a huge change. It feels so natural and effortless. I’ve truly retrained my body and I’m still not used to it!

There are a few things I’m still working on, like around 9:45 or 11:00 every night I get hungry. I have read that is a hormone signal and I can essentially re-wire my hormones, so I’m working on that one evening at a time. It’s tied to cortisol levels, sleep quality, and my general meal patterns.

It goes without saying that the NSVs are the most rewarding. Expressing myself with clothing, physical comfort, my smile feeling less tight, easier time curling up in the passenger seat, the quality of my sex life… all fantastic life improvements. I am finally feeling like myself again. No longer lost under 10 layers of fat and skin.

All of the NSVs contribute to a healthier, more motivating mindset that I m positive helps my overall trajectory. It helps me maintain a “hot girl” mindset, and make “hot girl” choices. Lmao

5’ 3”, 27F, SW: 224, CW: 174, GW: 140

Edit: I had a rocking body before I was diagnosed with CPTSD, developed an eating disorder, and gained 100+ pounds. Throughout all of this I’ve had - perhaps most of all - to learn to love myself. It’s so cliche but it’s the truth. Before I gained weight, I relied on my appearance (subconsciously) to do a lot of the heavy lifting for me in relationships and in life. After gaining weight, life got noticeably more difficult. I was forced to reckon with how much I hid from other people, or didn’t “show up,” just riding the perks of pretty privilege. People got a lot meaner, or they stopped noticing me at all. I had to look inward and study myself for things I loved. I’m very content now with who I am. I like that I’m funny, smart, thoughtful, strong, opinionated. What I look like is not the point. And I’m sure that’s helped me lose weight. Positive.

submitted by /u/ProblematicFeet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/07Xc6y4

No comments:

Post a Comment