Monday, February 20, 2023

“One day”…”One piece of cake,” mini rant. I’m sick of stupid justifications.

Mini rant incoming. This is not about anyone in this sub, more family who try to force food and treats on me.

I very rarely have cake and cookies anymore. I don’t really have a sweet tooth anymore. I used to inhale candy bars like they were water. But I said enough is enough and quit the excess sugar. Best decision I’ve ever made. Very infrequently I will have a half piece of cake during a special event, so long as it’s not too sweet, and then give the rest to my wife.

Usually, these events are coupled by people/family telling me “one piece of cake won’t kill you,” or “one day won’t ruin all your progress.”

And yes, they’re right. One piece of cake won’t kill me, and one day won’t derail everything I’ve worked for.

However. I made a lifestyle change. Sweets and treats are not a large part of that lifestyle change.

Here’s my rant:

YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE WHEN MY “ONE PIECE” OR WHEN MY “ONE DAY” IS.

STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY SHOVING THIS CRAP INTO MY BODY BY SAYING STUPID STUFF LIKE THAT.

Just because you have no will power, doesn’t mean you need to try to guilt me into having something I don’t want.

When I am ready and have planned for it, I will indulge in a small amount of something that I want. It might be a Quest protein cookie like I had yesterday, or frozen yogurt, who knows, maybe an ice cream sandwich. BUT THAT WILL ONLY HAPPEN WHEN, AND IN THE AMOUNT, I WANT IT TO.

The only way this works is if I’m in control of when and what I put into my body. I’ve been really putting my foot down on saying no to people. I make a plan and stick to it. I don’t let other people sway my decision. I do not eat unplanned food. If I’m not sure of what will be available, I bring or arrange my own meal.

This is my life, my body, my weight loss. I’ve kept this up for over a year now and I’ve lost a tenth of a pound away from 140 pounds. I’m 20-30 lbs from my goal weight. I don’t need anyone telling me that “one piece of cake won’t hurt you.” I should know. What I do know is that one piece of cake during a social event can very easily lead to two…..then three. Then you’re back craving sugar…if I indulge, which is rare, it is on my own terms.

Anyway, mini rant over.

submitted by /u/Undercover500
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/67KZ8FU

No comments:

Post a Comment