Friday, February 10, 2023

Self esteem and taking the first steps...what do you expect from your fellow man?

I have a volunteer who is extremely obese.He started about a year ago and I have come to respect him for his tenacity. He's no quitter I'll tell you that.He had to watch special needs kids on a play ground on a 110 degree day and he did. He looked like he was going to die doing it but he did it all and he did it well. Then he carried all the water toy shit to keep the kids cool back to the building which was three times the hike and then he did dishes. And then he vaccumed the rec room. All the while being pleasant. He's been supervising our special needs swimming club, again, doing well. Making connections, giving good vibes while making sure everybody is safe. He's golden!

Today he asked me if I would back him and give a positive reference if he would apply for paid jobs. I totally will. He's amazing. But I really want to tell him it would be so much easier if he would get a gastric bypass, lose a shit ton and get several tucks. But then again I'm sure he knows that so I don't want to overstep.He's never going to be a weight loss hero but I still want to give him his just deserts.

He's wonderful. He knows how huge he is. He's been showing up.How can I show up for him?

submitted by /u/Birdsongsoul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/uxgYQ7k

No comments:

Post a Comment