Monday, February 27, 2023

Can someone help me explain the science of “too much” calorie restriction?

What is the science behind your body not losing weight due to “too much” calorie restriction? For instance, my TDEE is just over 2,000 cals, but I thoroughly ensure I do not go over 1,500 cals per day; about 30% of the time I only hit around 1,000 calories due to being busy and forgetting to eat. And yes, it’s whole foods each day- lots of fruits and veggies, only space I could improve on is eating even more protein.

Despite this, I have pretty slow/minimal weight loss despite a 26 BMI, and numerous people in my life have suggested I’m eating too little. Google around a bit and sure enough- many sites advise that eating too little actually impairs weight loss.

So how does this actually work- if CICO is as accurate and magical as everyone preaches, shouldn’t someone lose weight faster if they eat as minimally as possible?

submitted by /u/ColtonsFenceJump
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/IpYBLPo

No comments:

Post a Comment