Tuesday, February 21, 2023

NSV: I didn't hate how I looked in a shirt today!

I've talked about my weight loss journey a bit when I hit 50 pounds lost and when I reached within 100 pounds of my goal weight and those were super nice targets to hit, but they were ones I could clearly see as I got close. Today, however, I was surprised. Most of my shirts are quite baggy since I got them at my max weight and tried to "hide" my fat in them (not that it really did, but I'm broad-shouldered enough that I could lie to myself about it until I would get caught in a picture). The one I wore today, though, is a shirt that I've had for a while but was always pretty tight over my stomach so I generally avoid looking at myself in the mirror while wearing it. Imagine my surprise when I did finally look, and I.... Didn't... Hate... It?... I looked like a big guy still, of course, but like regular (American) big, not like I would be breaking chairs (which I've done more than I care to admit 😕) and it felt damn good.

Lots to go still, but you gotta take the wins where you can. 56 more pounds to lose to go from obese to overweight. 87 to hit my goal (of being not overweight). 74 pounds lost so far after 6 months. I have 18 months to get to my goal and it actually feels possible! Hitting small achievements like today helps so much

submitted by /u/Gr3ylock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BL5NOiz

No comments:

Post a Comment