Saturday, February 25, 2023

Wooosh!

Back in my old neighborhood (that’s what I’m calling the forums for the calorie app I used to use), we had a term called “wooosh”. You experienced a “wooosh” when you had a big-ish weight loss after a fairly long plateau. Today, I had a “wooosh”!

Now, I’m a very slow loser. I have just come to accept that fact. I lost a lot of weight years ago, and got to about 10-12 pounds above “healthy” BMI. I’ve have been basically hovering around this weight since then. I’ll gain 3 or 4, then lose them again before things get out of control. But I never seem to go below that 10-12 above mark.

Well, for 2023, I decided perhaps it’s time to finish the job I started so long ago. I was up a little bit (December, sheesh) and lost about 2 pounds in January (slow loser, remember). Lost another half during the first few days of February, but then nothing for 3 weeks. Not up, not down. Textbook plateau.

Until today.

Wooosh! 1.5 pounds in one week! I am now at the lowest weight I’ve been in years! I’m officially just about 9 pounds from the goal! Yippee!

Of course, I’d like to go a bit more than the 9, to give myself a bit of wiggle room, but one thing at a time, right? I’ll take today’s little victory and dance (‘cause dancing burns calories, haha)!

Anyway, just wanted to share my little joy with this community. And here’s hoping everyone who needs a little wooosh gets one soon!

submitted by /u/LexiiConn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tGFWCOS

No comments:

Post a Comment