Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Celebrating that I didn’t drink tonight, so I’ll stay on target for tomorrow! 🎯

Social drinking is such an ingrained habit that it’s hard for me to not do it when going out with friends, so I’m counting this as a win.. lol

Alcohol always fucks up my weight loss, so one of my new plans that I heard/adapted is to make it so that I have to “earn” alcohol and other “special occasion food” as a reward for reaching weight loss goals.

With alcohol, it’s a bit harder for me because I’m liable to succumb to peer pressure, even if no one directly says anything, and I did feel it tonight, especially since it was apparently “national margarita day” too, but I stuck with my Diet Coke and Mediterranean Plate appetizer, and I’m proud of that.

I was afraid that someone would say something about it and make me feel weird, but no one did! I was also afraid about being perceived as the “look at me, I’m eating healthier than you” friend, and that’s not what I want. I want us all to feel good about ourselves and not second guess our choices.

Beyond all that, it’s also a win because whenever I drink, I have a bad habit of eating super poorly when I get home (ridiculously large take out orders etc), and gaining back a ton of weight.

Anyway I’m def happy that I’m making progress in changing my unhelpful habits, and I wish everyone reading this all the best in accomplishing your goals too!

submitted by /u/subtlebulk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/honPeI8

No comments:

Post a Comment