Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Finally managing healthy weight loss by changing my mindset

F 5"7 CW: 188 GW: 150

I have been on and off diets for the last 10 years and never ever happy with my weight. I'd cut down to 1200 cals (TDEE is 1600 for losing), then binge, then go back to eating everything thinking I don't deserve to lose weight and I'm a failure.

I don't know what triggered it, but one day this year I just thought "what the hell am I doing to myself?" I did some digging and realised that I had attached my weight loss to my own value and self worth. So I started telling myself how much I love myself every single day, little affirmations to remind myself that I am worthy of love and happiness no matter what size I am.

I wrote down new reasons to get fit, fix my food relationship and lose weight: - Manage my asthma symptoms - Manage my endo symptoms - Climb the stairs without being breathless - Stop relying on food as a stress reliever - Reduce joint pains, especially knees - More energy to spend time on hobbies - Improve general health and longevity of life - Find my way back into yoga and pilates, hobbies that I stopped during covid and now am too unfit to practice well

I've lost 5lbs in the last 2 weeks since I started adopting a new mindset, I no longer look in the mirror and think of myself a failure; I see someone determined to get their health back and say F you to a life controlled by food!

I think a lot of us use self worth as a factor when losing weight, and I hope you all know you are wonderful, brilliant, unique human beings no matter what part of the journey you are on ❤️

submitted by /u/SoftCthulhu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bW6Yqy0

No comments:

Post a Comment