Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Parent talking about weight loss makes wanna overeat

F (25), 5’5, 225 lbs. Been obese my whole life but it wasn’t seen as a huge problem since played plenty of sports during that time. Had a health scare that almost made me lose my eyesight when i was 18 but was diagnosed and given medication. I’ve been in remission for 3 years now.

However ever since that scare my mom has been talking nonstop about me losing weight and its exhausting. Like 2x a week at the very least. First of all, we never talk about it. More she talks at me for 45mins to an 1hr about trying new diets, challenges, books, apps, videos, working out more, etc.

Now every time the topic comes up i get cravings for all the unhealthy foods that trigger me to overeat.

I’ve been living on my own since 2020 (arguably 2011 since i was in boarding school) but it still feels like Im letting my impulses weight entirely on my mothers words and thoughts about weight loss. Sometimes ill make great progress with eating and exercise, but then lose all motivation from her calling me about a doctors recommended diet she read about…at this point i really don’t wanna share any of my progress with her.

I get that shes worried for my health but now I’m worried about how i’ve been letting her words affect me this negatively. Has anyone else dealt with these feelings? Or been in a similar situation? Where do i go from here?

submitted by /u/ACastlefortheKey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MLDmH0Z

No comments:

Post a Comment