Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Weighing Food - I hate it

Hello everyone, some background first, about 16 years ago I rapidly gained weight during the last year of high school and I lost it about 4 years later when I took up running and cleaned up my diet. So for the last 16 year I've been pretty active but with disordered eating habits (trying to be too healthy, waiting too long to eat, binging on cheat days etc). So with Covid a ton of shit happened and I have gained about 25 pounds and pretty much quit working out. This has been devastating for me physically (high cholesterol now) and mentally (I struggle with anxiety).

So I'm trying to lose this but in a healthier way. So I decided to get a food scale. Oh my god I am a little blown away. First, I didn't realize how little some portion sizes are. 30g of hummus is not even two tablespoons when measuring out in my tablespoon. A very small sweet potato weighed 150g and I've been logging small sweet potato at the default 100g. I literally have to count and weigh nuts and it's like 7 nuts per serving. Even as someone who was pretty healthy but never weighed food, I feel like I was def eating closer to 1700 cals then the 1300 I thought I was eating precovid. After weighing all this food, no way was I close to 1300! I was just deluding myself and trying to eat that low but never making it because my habits were so disordered.

I also have been having trouble managing post workout hunger. I guess I was used to this precovid but am not longer used to working out. I know it's not essential for weight loss but I really want to get back into running. I miss it. But after my workouts I am so hungry and then my portions are so small.

Does anyone have any tips for any of this? My TDEE is around 1400cals so I don't have a ton of room to work with but that is not including any workouts. This has been really eye opening for me and I do want to eat pretty balanced meals.

submitted by /u/nadia_tor
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WNj8fvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment