Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Am I too late?

(Obligatory “this is a throwaway”)

Okay, I KNOW that the answer is probably “no”. But damn, I am having a horrible time believing that right now.

I’m 26F, 5’9, and hovering between 250 and 255 lbs. I am at my absolute wits end, and after starting my first post-grad job have been having terrible back pain from sitting all day. I’ve been trying to lose weight since I was a teenager, and since WAY before I actually needed to. But now, obviously, I do actually need to and I just. Cant. Do. It.

I know I can do hard things - I’m a lawyer! I got the degree and passed the bar and worked my ass off to find a good job. Why is weight loss so different? Why is the discipline there for one thing, but not for another?

Anyone who lost the weight in or after their mid-20s - please share the tips, the tricks, the vents. I feel so alone and I need to know this is possible. I want to feel healthy and energetic and confident and, yes, pretty. I know this is all over the place (hence the throwaway, I just needed to word vomit).

To anyone who took the time to read it all - thank you. And thank you for creating this community where we can be vulnerable with people who get it.

submitted by /u/Hot_Cable_8571
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/AwJNMrC

No comments:

Post a Comment