Sunday, February 26, 2023

lost about 47lbs within 6.7 months due to a breakup

https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/comments/11c7p5p/m28510_205_158lbs_47lbs_67_months/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

I went through a breakup and I decided to go on a weight loss journey to cope with my self esteem.

My exgf of 2 years dumped me and i felt terrible. I didnt know she felt that way and wanted to end things. I was blindsided and depressed and I begged to change. Never had abused (verbal or physical) but i was bad at communicating the way i felt and when I tried to communicate, it made things worse. When i felt frustrated it was difficult to communicate it or if i felt stressed it would bleed into the relationship. She decided to break things off and said i lacked communication and had wished me well. She didnt block me on any social medias which made recovery worse imo.

I couldnt really afford therapy. I worked 24 hrs a week as a vocational nurse in california, helping my elderly parents (who didnt plan their retirement or health issues). I was also about to start my 4th semester of the BSN registered nurse program and it was stressful studying maternity/peds.

I used working out and eating healthy to cope with the negative self image i saw myself in the mirror. Its been almost 7 months since the breakup but i feel so much better mentally and physically since then.

Friends supported me, even the subreddits ExNoContact and Breakups were great places to post.

I made it my goal to do at least 30 to 45 min of cardio every day. Eat high protein meals and to also weight train at least twice a week. I ate around 160g to 200g of protein a day and it helped keep the hunger at bay. Drank lots of coffee or teas. Ate apples or strawberries. Ate 100 cal popcorn bags with the seasonings. Greek yogurt and protein powders. Meats I chose were ground turkey, ground beef, roitesserie chicken from the grocery stores, and packets of tuna. I chose low calorie dressings. My favorite choice of cheese were mozerella. I probably consumed about 1800 cals/day to 2100 calories per day. For carbohydrates, i ate low carb tortillas or low carb breads, i didnt really eat much rice during the cut.

Thanks for reading ! If you're pleateued, know that it takes lots and lots of time to lose fat or weight. Weight loss is marathon and it takes weeks or months for the body to change.

submitted by /u/Every-Housing-1270
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/81i7BTv

No comments:

Post a Comment