Tuesday, February 28, 2023

I was a little dismayed about my first month of weight loss...

I started February at 265lbs and weighed in today at 263lbs. At first I was really sad and was looking back at all the times I had an extra snack or two after meeting my calorie goal. Those extra snacks really do add up.

I was pretty sad.

I took my monthly picture of myself as I plan to use this as a way to really visualize my weight loss. Then I went to the gym as I do every weekday morning. After changing into my day clothes I realized something. My pants were looser.

Now these pants have no stretch in them whatsoever. So when I was at my heaviest of 273 I couldn't fit into them comfortably. Now they just feel a lot looser compared to the beginning of the month. I realized that even if I didn't have much weight loss, I did have a good bit of fat loss and muscle gain.

It's a small personal win and I'll work on being more strict about my calorie goal, but it's something I felt like sharing. Remember that even if the scale doesn't move for a while that doesn't mean you've reached a failing point. You could be losing fat and gaining muscle without realizing it.

submitted by /u/pumpkinthighs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/HulcDsy

No comments:

Post a Comment