Saturday, February 18, 2023

Reverting to eating suboptimally after reaching GW. Any tips to help nail the maintenance phase as a lifestyle?

Context: I am 5’6 F and lost 42 lb over the past ~10 months, going from 162lb to 120lb. My goal wait initially was 125lb but somehow I’ve ended up at 120. This is despite the fact that I am not doing strict CICO anymore. For the loss phase, I ate a net of 1200-1400 calories for close to the initial 6 months and then 1400-1600 for the remainder. I also do some form of a workout (usually barre) at least 3 days a week.

Weight loss was an important goal but the overall thing I wanted to achieve was to get to a healthier self. I’m also hoping to start a family in the next few years so looking to minimise risk of developing any lifestyle diseases (which I was at risk of given my pre weight loss binge eating habits). I’m eating 2000-2200 calories since the past month and have not seen the scale budge either direction. I’m eating unhealthy. A chocolate mousse every day for the past week and hot chocolate twice a day before that for a week. This is in addition to my nutrition fuelling meals but ends up under 2200 cals still.

Question: The scale not budging doesn’t make sense to me. And goes against all the info I have on CICO which I practiced so religiously. And as a result, I’m afraid if I continue using the scale as my metric, I might be inviting back some of those lifestyle diseases due to unhealthy habits like daily sugar/ fat overdose. How does one embed the lifestyle and not get swayed by numbers solely?

submitted by /u/AlliterationManiac
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/nkHINBO

No comments:

Post a Comment