Thursday, February 16, 2023

working on it!

Hi! I really only share my weight loss progress with my partner and a few friends but i’ve been feeling really great about my latest progress and wanted to share.

I originally lost 40lbs (SW 267) in 2019/2020 with IF, Keto, and extensive daily cardio. I was out of a job and had nothing else to do so I walked my dog for a couple hours everyday.

Thankfully got a job later in 2020 but I had to sacrifice a lot of my time and energy and ended up gaining back most of it.

Prior to a couple months ago I was very inconsistent about tracking anything, but here’s what’s been working for me…

October 2022 SW 257, CW 243, GW 190, IF w/ strength training and cardio 4-5 days a week. 2,150 calories per day.

In December, I decided to stop trying to rush to the lean body type I’ve always wanted and to just work on getting healthy. I’ve never felt better about my body and I’m still 50lbs from my goal weight. Using Fitbod to help with planning strength training and trying to move as much as I can each day. Seeing defined muscles has been one of the biggest mentality boosters for me.

I try to hit 150g or more of protein every day. Meal planning has been a godsend and takes the guess work out of eating for me. I have a protein smoothie for lunch everyday that breaks a 16 hour(ish) fast or just when i’m hungry. Dinners are mostly turkey/beef, broccoli, potatoes/rice during the week. Some chocolate covered cashews for dessert 👌

Weekends are the thing that I’m still struggling with. It’s not so much the eating but the drinks with friends and surprise brunch that gets me. I’m close to a system that works without being restrictive but still figuring it out.

Progress is progress. Trying to figure out my own sustainable way to get healthy. Hoping someone in my situation can see this and get a lil boost off it because thats what’s helped me so far. Don’t get discouraged by set backs, be consistent, and be proud of yourself for making the effort.

submitted by /u/alrightthough
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/56dJLna

No comments:

Post a Comment