Thursday, February 9, 2023

Weight isn’t coming off

Hello redditors! I am female 23. So I have a huge problem where maybe some of you can offer some advice or brainstorm with me. I’ll try not to make this long, but currently I weight 173. When I was the age of 14-18 I was weighed 135, in those years I never moved from my weight it stayed the same (btw I would be doing the same amount of exercise as I do now, I wouldn’t really watch my calories, but made sure to eat a balanced diet). Once I got to 19, I got 10 pounds heavier, 145. Not bad, but should probably cut down on some things right? Oh btw, ever since the age of 14 up until now, I’ve been going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week sometimes throughout the years I would go 5 days out of the week. I always spend at least an hour at the gym doing cardio and weightlifting, sometimes I spend an hour and thirty mins. As a child I was overweight, but started to do a lot of cardio at 14 and lost all of it. Once I hit the age 20, I was 155 which isn’t bad cause I’m becoming a full grown adult. Then I’m 21, I was 165. Age 22, I was 175. Currently I’m 23, and I’m 173, but it’s been a struggle trying to maintain this weight. I’m a very health conscious person, I don’t eat out all the time. I’ll just eat out on weekends and that would be only one meal that’s a cheat meal. Through the years, I’ve counted calories, changed diets multiple times, I was vegan for years went back to eating meat. A whole spectrum of changing my diet, but no matter what, I can never seem to lose weight at all. Each diet change I would stick with it for 3 months to make sure to give it a fair shot, but nothing. I’ve tried low carb, high protein, low sugar, low fat, vegan, keto, paleo, counting calories, portions balance, nothing has ever changed my weight. I don’t care so much in appearance, but more so why do I keep gaining weight!? Like I don’t wanna be 25 and be 200 pounds. So I went to my doctor talking to her about my problem and she went to go get my blood checked to see maybe it’s hormonal, blood work came back fine. Nothing with my thyroid, which what she thought was the main problem. But she decided to put me on weight loss pills, I was taking contrave from august 2022 - February 2023 and in that time frame I only lost 10 pounds which is something! Btw I continued watching my diet and exercising throughout this time. 10 pounds is all I lost though, so I stayed 165. Recently my doctor has taken me off the medication just wanting to see how my body reacts without it and unfortunately it jumped back to 173. Idk what to do or what to even look for. My doctor is confused too as to what’s going on. My personal goal is to be 150 again, but idk how or what I need to do to get there. If someone has gone through the same thing and can provide advice that would be helpful

TLDR: I’ve been gaining 10 pounds each year ever since the age of 19 and idk why. Tried every diet and I always exercise often and nothing makes me lose weight. I’ve been on weight loss pills recently and it helped a little bit, but mainly just maintained my weight. I’m off of them now, and my weight jumped back up again. Doctor did blood work and no hormonal imbalances

submitted by /u/kaylachavezkc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cYvkN2V

No comments:

Post a Comment