Monday, February 27, 2023

How to best calculate my TDEE to lose weight?

I am 28F 5’5” SW: 174 lbs (highest weight being 180.6 lbs) CW: 155.6 lbs GW: 135 lbs. I have been working out consistently (5-6 times per week) since November 2022. I target a muscle group for weight lifting and 20-30 mins of cardio for 5 sessions per week and 1 session per week is dedicated solely to an hour of cardio. I’ve been eating about 1200-1400 calories per day (tracking in MFP and using a scale). Last month, I bought a standing desk and walking pad to increase my step count as I am quite sedentary other than my 1-2 hour workouts each day since I work from home. I am aiming for a minimum of 10k steps per day even on my off day for an “active rest day”. I have yet to hit a plateau and I want to try to prevent that, if possible. Originally, I calculated my deficit based off the sedentary activity level on the TDEE calculator but I am wondering if I should continue to base my calorie deficit on this number since I am more active. I also don’t want my body to be so adjusted to the 1200-1400 calories that I hit a stall in my weight loss. I know as I get closer to my goal weight, the harder it will be to shed those last pounds but I would like to at least hit 145 lbs by May, again if possible. If you had my goals, what approach(es) would you take?

submitted by /u/avg-advice-giver
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/u8POZQL

No comments:

Post a Comment