Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Artificial sweeteners causing crazy cravings!

So I’ve been on a slow weight loss per my doctor - I have a couple of joint and digestive issues that could use it! Throughout my teenage years I seriously suffered for binge eating. The past few years I’ve been miles better - while I definitely have over-indulged a few times, I’ve felt the fullness and enjoyment of having another piece, but stopping there. This is totally opposed to binging, where I quite literally cannot stop eating, and it feels like my stomach is never full. I’ve eaten full frozen bags of broccoli, family sized chips, cartons of milk, entire packages of chocolates - so basically it doesn’t matter what I’m eating, and even if I’ve had a full balanced day of eating, I just feel the uncontrollable urge to eat more. I attended a nutritionist and therapist and it completely helped!

Recently, I have been using products with sweeteners in them, like yogurts, fruit juices etc. I had been avoiding them for years due to my stomach sensitivity, but it seemed like I could handle them. Lo and behold, after years of not binging I’ve found myself insanely digging into my pantry and eating everything the past couple of nights to the point of severe pain. If you’ve never binged before, its hard to get the impulse across. It quite literally feels like you’re addicted.

I’ve been racking my brain thinking what I have changed in my life the past week or so - not stress, lifestyle, I’m still eating the same diet - apart from a LOT more sweeteners! It’s not a depravation thing either - I always keep track and room for my sweet treats, and eat a balanced diet of carbs, protein and fats.I’m totally convinced they’ve triggered it, which is pretty scary. I’m going to bin or give away everything I got and see what happens over the next week or so.

Has anyone else experienced crazy cravings or binging due to sweeteners?

submitted by /u/safebun
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/806vqO7

No comments:

Post a Comment