Monday, March 13, 2023

My body is working against me

F/31/5'3/187lbs

I’m having this issue in my weight loss journey that I hope someone can help me with.

Walking is my favourite form of exercise. I love it. I put on my shoes, my headphones, I start walking and I forget about the world. My problem is that my feet hate walking. By the time I reach 4,000 steps, they are screaming in pain. A year ago, I went to a podiatrist and got custom orthotics because apparently I have high arches, but they haven’t really helped much. I’ve tried all kinds of shoes (at least two pairs were approved by the podiatrist) and that hasn’t helped either.

Has anyone had this issue? Does the pain lessen in time when your feet have less weight to handle? Do I just have to power though the pain until it gets better? I know starting little by little is the key, but I’m barely reaching 5,000 steps a day, so it’s not like I’m walking marathons. I work from home and don’t move much during the workday, so I would love to be able to reach at least 8,000 steps everyday. Not only because I enjoy it, but because it would make losing weight so much easier. I’ve tried cardio and strength training, but walking is the only exercise I can do consistently.

submitted by /u/maybe-me
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/GQYCoE9

No comments:

Post a Comment