Monday, March 20, 2023

When will I allow myself to feel good?

Rhetorical question, because I realize this is something I need to emotionally work on for myself, but I felt like maybe people could either commiserate or share what helped them with this kind of feeling.

Intellectually, I know I am doing great. On November 20th, 2022 I weighed 325 pounds. As of this morning, I weigh 252. 73 Pounds lost in 5 months is great, and I know that. I am over halfway to my goal weight. It hasn't even been particularly hard to do, purely got to this point with dietary changes. So why is it that despite feeling physically better, I don't feel better?

I'm in the process of getting divorced, and she is already gone and moved in with her new boyfriend. I am emotionally at the point where I am interested in people again, but I can't get over how fat I still feel. When I think of myself as a prospective dating partner, I just see my weight and my age. The idea of dating as a 36-year-old just feels horrible on its own, let alone next to feeling like I'm not worthy of even being considered until I lose 50 more pounds.

Everyone I know my age (mostly from work or the like) is already married or taken. I didn't start this weight loss journey to find a partner, but my marriage fell apart about a week after I started it, so it certainly remains some kind of motivation to stay on track. I just know to some degree, losing weight is not going to mean much if I can't get myself out of this mindset. People tell me I look happier, that I look a lot better, but I can't seem to internalize any of it.

Edit: A word.

submitted by /u/ceitamiot
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/n4Ry8k2

No comments:

Post a Comment