Friday, March 17, 2023

Long-Term Weight Loss

I was a healthy weight until I gained 80 pounds the year after i graduated high school (discovered eating out and stress). That was 10+ years ago. Since then, my weight goes up and down and up and down and WAY up, and kinda down (just like my mom and the women in my family).

I was in a healthy range and lost a lot of weight for my wedding a couple years back but a severe injury and depression led to another weight gain cycle of 70lbs over 6 months.

Now I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and recovering from my injury, but can’t twist, lift heavy weights, or do high impact cardio or lean forward (so cycling/Pilates is out). Walking and strengthening muscle groups (not combination training) is really my only route and I’ve just recently been able to add swimming to what I can do, but only a time or two a week or I’m wiped out for now.

That’s not the point… the point is I want to lose weight for good. And it seems like my body is clinging to weight now that I’m approaching 30.

I want to lose so slowly that my body doesn’t know what my plan is so it can’t sabotage my results. So far, I’ve lost 10 lbs over 3 months working out, but was surprised to find cutting out sugars and getting 7,000 steps in didn’t shed weight like it used to. I know I need to up my caloric deficit, but I guess…

Tl;dr I’m wondering if & how anyone has been able to keep weight off long-term after returning to a maintenance diet.

Also, I’m 5’ 10” 29F 234lbs but my maintenance calories currently seem to be less than 1500 even when I’m putting in 30 minutes of weight training and a solid couple miles of walking a day. So it’s like my metabolism has slowed to a crawl after a year of barely being able to walk. I was hoping after 3 months of going to the gym 6 days a week and watching my calories, I would start to see improvement in my metabolism.

submitted by /u/Suspicious_Excuse_55
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/htqnNZG

No comments:

Post a Comment