Saturday, March 25, 2023

Starting my weight loss journey

I’m 25F and want to get serious about my weight loss journey, so I’m posting here for accountability and hopefully to get support from the community.

My starting point: Height: 171cm Weight: 81kg BMI: 27 Waist: 83cm Hips: 119cm

Goal weight: 60kg

My back story: - Was anorexic/underweight throughout my teenage years - Recovered mentally but continued to under-eat as I reached adulthood - Went on an intentional weight gain journey a few years ago - In less than a year, I reached my desired weight, but I had fallen into poor eating habits as I saw food as a free-for-all since I was trying to gain weight - Haven’t been able to stop gaining weight since then

My main problem areas are: - Sugar, especially chocolate - Night eating - Lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle

I want to stress that I don’t think I’m ugly or fat. I actually think I have great curves. But there are a few good reasons why I want to lose weight:

  1. Ever since hitting about 70kg, I find myself wearing sweatpants 99% of the time. It’s really hard to find clothes that look good and feel comfortable on me. Because all of my excess weight has gone to my hips, any jeans I buy will be too tight on my hips and too loose on my waist. Any dresses will fit my ass but have a ton of extra fabric around the chest. I just feel like I’m forced to dress frumpy and it’s really affecting my confidence.

  2. I’d like to have some “wiggle room” with my weight before I have kids. My mom was thin before she had kids, but afterwards, she gained weight and has struggled with trying to lose it ever since. Even though she is much more disciplined and active than me, and doesn’t really eat sweets or junk food. And we have very similar body types/shapes, so I feel like what happened to her is likely to happen to me. So the way I think of it is, if I drop down to 60kg before I have kids and then get back up to 80kg after kids, I can live with that. That’s fine. But I don’t wanna start off at 80kg and end up at 100kg after kids.

  3. I just want to be fitter in general. I really don’t like exercise right now, so I almost never do any exercise, but I’ve been noticing for a couple years now already that I get out of breath just from going up one flight of stairs, or while putting on my clothes, or talking too quickly. My resting heart rate is in the 80s-90s whenever I measure it. I just feel like my health is deteriorating and it’s only gonna get harder to fix that the older I get, so I better start now.

My game plan: - I’d LOVE to reach my 60kg goal by the end of this year, but I’d still be really happy if I just made it down to 70kg. - Eat more protein - Find lower calorie sweet treats I can enjoy - Take longer walks with my dogs

I also REALLY want to get an Apple Watch. I don’t wanna do that thing people do where they’re like “I will work on my goals AFTER I buy this thing” and then it inevitably doesn’t actually help them. But, tracking data is really important for me, and I feel like because I can’t accurately track my calories burned when I exercise, I’m less motivated to do it. So I think an Apple Watch would just encourage me by giving me reliable data on my progress and feeling like my workouts actually “count”.

Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated! Happy to answer any questions.

submitted by /u/BattleSuper9505
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ixYXfrP

No comments:

Post a Comment