Friday, March 24, 2023

is there a reason i look the exact same as before?

18 year old female here. i’m 163cm and was always overweight growing up, so i started my weight loss journey at the start of this year and it’s been going well. i started off as 73kg (around 160lbs) and my goal is to be around 55kg (120lbs). currently i am 64kg (141lbs), which is pretty unbelievable to me as i never thought i’d be back at a healthy weight in terms of BMI, even if it’s cutting it close. i accomplished most of this by going on a calorie deficit while simultaneously changing how i viewed food (i struggled with a binge eating disorder for a long time, so recovering from that has been helpful). i also walk at least 40 mins a day, though i usually do more. i don’t walk super briskly though, mind you i don’t take my time to stroll around but i wouldn’t say i’m close to jogging either. occasionally i will do a cardio workout from home or a strength training exercise, but it hasn’t become a habitual thing yet. so here’s my issue now: i look the exact same as before. i think the only difference is that my stomach’s gotten a little smaller (i can tell because jeans that used to fit me fine are now too big for me) but everything else looks the exact same and it’s making me really insecure. i know i still have a long way to go but considering my mom is almost the exact same weight as me now (63kg, and she’s only taller than me by an inch) and looks really good, i thought i’d be feeling better about myself. i’m wondering if there’s anything i can do, maybe i need to do more toning exercises etc? or is it possibly just all in my head? any advice is appreciated, as i haven’t really talked to many people about this. thanks!

submitted by /u/Odd_Mulberry_8104
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/opHA2BW

No comments:

Post a Comment