Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Confused About Eating More with Exercise

Hello! Quick thank you to everyone on this sub. I’m normally a lurker but you all inspire and encourage me to keep trying every day 🙌

I’m wondering how strict I need to be with my caloric deficit when I exercise.

Stats: I use the loseit app, and I’m a 5’4” F currently at 198 lbs. my starting weight for this weight loss journey was 204 4 weeks ago. (Onederland, woohoo!) I set my activity level as sedentary, because I typically am, and for me it’s easier to restrict calories than to exercise. So my daily caloric budget for my deficit is 1,353 on weekdays, and about 1,650 on weekends.

I have actually been surprising myself and going for vigorous walks on the treadmill 2-3x a week, and I want to do more.

The problem is my exercise gives me sometimes 400-500 extra calories to eat on days I exercise, and that just feels crazy! I know the amount is way over estimated, but should I be ignoring it completely? Should I eat an additional 100-200 calories on days I have a good cardio workout, our should I strictly stick to the base 1,353?

OR, because I’m actually not being “sedentary” should I adjust my information in the app?

I have been eating more on days I exercise, and I’ve still lost the 6 lbs, so it must be working. I just see a lot of conflicting information and want to do the right thing.

submitted by /u/sls89
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kIY5QG

No comments:

Post a Comment