Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Non-American perspective: It is not carbs, but something is wrong with american food

I see a lot of people talking about carbs in weight loss forum. This is a little strange to me because I come from a country where literally every person eats rice, every single meal of the day almost -- and rice (Japan) probably constitutes 50% of that meal as well. And nobody is fat. Maybe 1 in 50 people or something, but you do not see fat people normally ever despite most of what everyone is eating being rice.

However, when I came to america for studies, after about 1 year I start to gain wait. Almost 10 kgs!. After being normal weight my entire life and never even thinking about weight. I do not even eat a bunch of sodas and candies and things either.

I do not know what is wrong with the food in america, but there is something wrong. I think you should not feel bad about getting overweight in this country. I also suggest if you want to lose weight and you can, move to Japan =).

I'm also curious if anyone who has more knowledge knows what the problem could actually be with american food -- or has had similar experiences? besides just the portion being too big (especially in restaurants... some restaurants my friends take me to have more food than we would eat in an entire day in Japan). To me it feels more addictive also but I don't have the knowledge to know why.

submitted by /u/Adventurous_Status86
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bWlRUXc

No comments:

Post a Comment