Thursday, March 30, 2023

Stuck in a plateau for 2+ years

Hi everyone! I am a 28 y/o female, 173 lbs currently (used to be 210+ lbs when I started weight loss in 2020), 5'3 and I have been stuck in a plateau ever since. At one point I had gone down to 160 lbs.

I lost most of my weight by portioning food (not even counting calories all the time), and aiming to walk 10k steps a day. That was literally it. I feel like I saw progress very quick. A year into that, I started doing OrangeTheory and that's the first time all my progress stopped. I attributed it to the fact that maybe it just wasn't for me. I then hired a person trainer that I have been with since June of 2022. I have gained weight instead of losing, and in terms of body comp, my legs look a little bit more defined but that's literally it, no changes otherwise. I haven't budged a pound and it has been so extremely disheartening. I thought I had a hormonal imbalance, or that HIIT was causing too much cortisol and it just wasn't for me etc. but even alternatives to those don't seem to work.

Now, for the past two weeks, I have been intermittent fasting, not on purpose but because it's Ramadan. I am eating 1300-1500 calories and working out twice a day for 45 minutes each (one low intensity strength training workout when I am fasting and then post workout incline walk for 45 min to an hour). I don't usually like to weigh myself, but today something possessed me to and I have gained 2 more lbs. Nothing makes sense anymore and I am tired of being stuck in this cycle constantly trying different things and hoping for different results only to have lost more and more confidence in myself. It is deeply impacting my mental health and I struggle to accept myself as is because I know my actual potential. My mind is consumed by these thoughts 24/7 and I am only ever spiraling inside. Any advice on how to get out of this rut or how to lose weight would be much appreciated. This girl is beyond tired.

submitted by /u/Responsible_Pace_463
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/oL2vTM3

No comments:

Post a Comment