Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Calorie calculations making my head spin

I'm using the nhs weightloss app to calculate my calorie intake, all I put in was my height and weight and they did the calculation that I need to be eating between 1600-2100 calories a day, seems excessive to me but I am recovering from an ED so I'm just trying to relearn and have healthier eating habits but I'm staying on the lower end of 1600. I thought to find out how exactly to calculate my own personal bmr, maintenance calories and so on thinking ill get a better idea of how many calories I should actually be looking to eat but it's way higher than I thought, it's crazy! So here are my stats - I'm 72kg, 164cm and 24 years old, using an equation from myprotein.com I calculated my bmr is 1464 and since I'm moderately active I multiplied that by 1.84 and got 2708 as my maintenance!!! Then I looked at my average calories burned on fitbit (I always wear a tracker) and it's between 2500-3000 a day so I went for the lower and since my net calories should be atleast 500 less than my bmr for weight loss which is 965 i added them both to have an idea of how many calories i could be eating (965+2500=3465). Did I get that right?! My daily calories in and out should look to be 3465 (in) - 2500 (out) = 965 (net) That seems absolutely crazy to me, 3400 calories looks like my binge days, I never eat more than 2000 and on my restrictive days it was less than 800 (which I'm not doing anymore, it was not healthy). If my calculations are right, why am I not loosing as much anymore? Do I need to be eating more to loose which does not make sense. Please tell me my calculations are wrong 😬 Do I stay with 1600? I've hit a plateau for the past 2-3 weeks and don't want to fall into my restrictive and binging cycle again.

submitted by /u/lzzieed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/WuGeXQk

No comments:

Post a Comment