Thursday, March 30, 2023

SV and NSV: weight loss and calisthenics

29M SW:310 CW:275 TW: 210ish

So my big goals are to get to a healthy weight and do strength training for fitness/strength/being sexy reasons

I picked calisthenics over the gym for a few reasons, gyms are expensive, I take care of young kids so working out at home has been a godsend, and because I was ALWAYS in the overweight/obese category my entire life so the idea of doing fancy calisthenics tricks (muscle ups, handstand push-ups, and planche) is something I want to achieve because I could never even entertain the thought of doing anything close to those my entire life, so naturally my fitness goals involve doing them all!

Between regular exercise, being in a calorie deficit and dropping almost 40 pounds, I'm making crazy good progress and my body is getting all muscley to show it!

I'm making this post because in the last two weeks it really started to show! I set personal records in 5 different exercises I'm doing with today's workout! My wife is making flirty comments about my physique! And I have so much more energy it's crazy!

I'm just super proud of myself, every week that passes I'm closer to my little goals (my pull-up muscles get stronger and the total weight I pull-up is getting less), and with enough little goals I'm closer to achieving my big goal (my target weight and vague "I wanna be sexy" goal)

Also I'm studying to get my early childhood educator certificate, so having endurance and strength to chase around playing with young kids has already proven crazy useful, and one day I'll love showing off crazy tricks

submitted by /u/Dazzling_Rhubarb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SFrYUQV

No comments:

Post a Comment