Sunday, March 12, 2023

Negative comments from family

So I've been on a very long weight loss journey, I started at almost 600 pounds and I'm nearing 300 now (woo!).

My family has always found ways of making demoralizing comments, I think, out of fear that I'll start binge eating again or revert to my old habits.

I've thankfully managed to get to a point where I'm able to enjoy foods I like while maintaining my deficit, but when I partake in anything "unhealthy" around family they almost always without fail will make comments or ask, "OH are you not on your diet anymore? Are you allowed to eat sugary things? Should you be drinking diet soda? I heard it's worse than regular." And so on...

I ask myself, why is it okay for people to feel it's okay to make comments like this when they clearly see I'm still losing weight? I'm honestly tired of explaining myself and saying I'm not "dieting", my lifestyle is fine I'm still losing weight, etc.

Has anyone else dealt with this? If so, how did you handle it?

submitted by /u/MisterWinterz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RMI2DOU

No comments:

Post a Comment