Friday, March 24, 2023

At what point should you incorporate weight training?

Hello all,

since June last year I've been steadily losing weight, going from around 265 to around 218 (so far). At first, I was losing weight by change in diet, and weight training, but after a while I steadily switched weight training to almost daily uphill walks, whilst being a bit more strict with the diet.

That change has been really positive! I've noticed I'm slimming a lot faster without putting that much strain onto myself, which I'm really happy about, but a sorta alarming issue I've come across is the fact that I'm starting to look a bit scrawny, and feel a lot less... stronger? I get that I was stronger when I was overweight, but I seriously feel lot less strong now that I have less weight. I could do easily 15 pushups per set, but now I barely do 5, and so on, which I get: I put weight training aside, and now I'm reaping what I've sown.

So my question is basically, at what point to I incorporate weight training? Do I wait until my weight goal, or start now? How much do weight training and cardio training clash in terms of weight loss, since I want to lose more weight to reach normal BMI, but building muscle would put me in a different direction (not the unhealthy direction though)? Cheers, and good luck to y'all today.

I hope I'm clear, English is not my first language and I'm sorta struggling putting my mind onto words lol

submitted by /u/-Deksametazon-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Vgawl83

No comments:

Post a Comment