Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Weight Loss With Medical Issues and Autism?

I've never made a post on Reddit before so I'm really sorry if I'm doing this wrong, but I need help.

I am 19 years old, about 5'3", somewhere between 135 and 140 lbs (I don't have a scale and cannot afford to get one, this number is just coming from my last ER visit), and AFAB. I'm looking to lose some weight (preferably around 20 LBS) because the way my fat builds up on my body majorly triggers my gender dysphoria.

The issue is: -I am autistic and have an extremely limited list of "safe foods" I can eat (kinda like one step before straight-up having AFRID) meaning that I can't really cook for myself and most of the foods I can eat are basically carbs (bread/breaded things, mostly).

-I have limited mobility due to CFS and chronic pain (currently undiagnosed cause) and dysautonomia (also undiagnosed cause). I just can't exercise like other people. I'm seeing on here that people are walking miles per day, but I can barely walk across my house without feeling lightheaded and being in excruciating amounts of pain. I'm going to start going swimming once a week with my roommate, but it can't be more than that because of his work schedule and I can't travel alone.

-I've been eating at a calorie deficit for about a month now (about 1200 calories per day), but have only seemed to gain weight? At least, judging from the stretch marks that keep cropping up, I am.

-I was on birth control for a few months before stopping abruptly. This seemed to be what triggered my weight gain? It wasn't an issue before then, and I ate far more and exercised the same amount. I'm worried this may have just messed up my body forever.

-I cannot afford to go to a doctor/dietician for a plethora of reasons. I'm already having a hell of a time getting my health issues figured out and affording that, let alone spending more money on other stuff (my insurance is sketchy and I live below the poverty line).

I need help tbh. I feel like my efforts are in vain because I have so many facotrs stopping me from doing weight loss the way that people tell you to. Any advice or tips and tricks are genuinely welcome. I'm at a loss and the usual stuff isn't cutting it.

submitted by /u/xXxLuminationxXx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/KLMA0k4

No comments:

Post a Comment