Saturday, March 11, 2023

How Badly We Have to Want It

Found out earlier this week that an injury that happened a few weeks ago is actually a lot more severe than initially thought and is going to nix any "unnecessary" walking for the next 6-12 months. I have to wear supportive shoes all the time now when I'm up and moving (no more going around my house barefoot/sockfoot). Any exercising needs to be off my feet. And again, absolutely no "extra" walking or heavens-forbid running.

I'm pretty sure my ears and brain both stopped working for a minute at this point because of the shock. I've been gradually working my way up to 20k steps a day (I was at 13.5k so far as of last week). Now it's off my feet (specifically the right one) except when I absolutely need to be??? Most of my non-workout daily activity is walking! Walking helped loads with my recent weight loss so this update felt crushing. I've had a really well structured, thought-out, and successful plan I've been following. Well Monday morning at 8am it went straight out the window.

Normally this would have fully derailed me. I'm talking full-on F it. No type of exercise at all and emotional eating for the next 6-12 months. Huge set back. But... I really want it this time. I'm already almost 10 weeks in on this attempt at getting back in shape. People notice. I can't give up this time because it's gonna look like actual failure if I do.

Well frick. Okay. New plan.

Yoga, resistance training, and Pilates has to take place off my feet... Fine, I'll just do all the non standing stuff. I can't walk or run and I'm not allowed to use the elliptical for several months at least but recumbent biking is still okay so long as it's not at a high resistance... Alright, I'll do more of that. Swimming is fully approved as cardio. ~grumbles~ I don't want to swim but fiiine. Fine, fine, fine. Either give up Water Aerobics or heavily modify and wear super supportive water shoes. ~orders the stupid shoes~

Despite the walking being axed blow and the major irritants of everything else, I only slipped with my exercise routine and nutrition for about 5 days. I've regrouped, ordered new shoes, learned how to properly wrap my foot, and have started getting back on track as of today. And if life throws me any more hurdles this year, I'll figure it out. Because that's how badly I want it this time. That's how badly, I think anyone has to want it. Life will never run out of curve balls so we can't run out of perseverance.

submitted by /u/Teal_Turtle2022
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/x6cAn0v

No comments:

Post a Comment