Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Struggling with work stress and weight loss

I'm six months into my new job and every morning, I do not look forward to waking up. Since the new year started, I've been experiencing depression from work. Not feeling valued, appreciated, or understood. Imposter syndrome. Regret not staying in my previous role, especially when the pay difference was not that huge and I was no where near this stressed or overwhelmed. It's getting to the point where I feel physically unwell most days. Fatigue, brain fog, anxiety. I've been working well past five and on weekends, waking up in the middle of the night from stress, and crying before meetings. I've called the NSPL and my EAP for help. I just feel like I haven't been living for the past three months.

With that said, my eating habits have been out of control the past couple of weeks. I've been feeling so guilty tonight because I ate a fried chicken sandwich from Popeyes, french fries, and funfetti cake for dinner. Along with all the calories I had for breakfast and lunch.

I'm sorry this is mostly a vent. I've really wanted to get all of these thoughts out of my head for a long time. I've just felt so lonely in all of this.

But how do you get motivated and inspired again? How do you push yourself to go to the gym even after long days at work? Or after feeling so weighed down physically and mentally? Also, I've found myself craving carbs and sugar, when I know these things have been slowing me down. How have you motivated yourself to eat healthily again?

submitted by /u/happy-peach
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/bueIXcZ

No comments:

Post a Comment