Monday, March 13, 2023

Losing too much weight - How do I stop losing so much in a safe way?

New account because main is nasty stuff

There's a lot to go through here, I'll try to tl;dr at the end, but I've been on my weight loss journey for about 12 weeks now. I am a 6'4" male who started at 418lbs and now sitting at 366lbs.

Biggest reason for the journey is I was diagnosed t2 diabetes.

For the first 4 weeks I did unintentionally eat way too little (limiting myself to 1500 cals a day) but I have since been trying to reach at least 2k - 2.4k a day. For exercise I am doing elliptical two days a week for 30 minutes, and RingFit for 30 minutes "active time" for my third workout day. Otherwise I work a stay at home IT job and if I'm not working, working out, or sleeping I'm usually in VR.

I'm using MyFitnessPal to track calories / tdee estimate and a Fitbit versa3 to monitor exercise. Unfortunately I couldn't find any definitive answer to if I should eat back "active calories" that Fitbit tracks.

My weight loss has been insane, averaging since the start. About 5lbs a week is a lot.

Dr did blood tests, all shows normal - no thyroid, no other underlying disease (besides the t2).

I know stress can play a factor, but would it be that bad? Also is VR that much of a difference that I should be eating more? A little lost here on this, I'm not very healthy smart.

Tl;Dr t2 diabetic losing too much weight with low exercise and cico using MyFitnessPal as tdee

submitted by /u/DraccyTobibi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MlECa2W

No comments:

Post a Comment