Monday, March 13, 2023

I tried to create a meal-plan for weight loss for this summer. I'll be doing my own grocery shopping and my budget is going to be an average of around $42 per month. This is what I came up with, but my Caloric intake is too low. More info in post.

Edit: I meant PER WEEK! Sorry!

This is the meal plan I came up with. I figured it'd be easiest to keep breakfast and lunch the same with dinner changing sometimes.

  • Breakfast:
    • Egg white omelet
      • 6 tbsp egg white (50 cal, 10g protein)
      • 1 cup spinach (35 cal, 3g fiber, 3g protein)
    • Atkins drink (160 cal, 5g fiber, 15g protein)
  • Lunch:
    • 1 slice toast with 2 tbsp guac and everything bagel seasoning
      • Bread: 40 cals, 7g fiber, 4g protein
      • Guac spread: 45 cal, 2g fiber, 1g protein
    • Yogurt Parfait (223 cal)
      • Greek yogurt (90 cal, 15g protein)
      • ½ cup dragon fruit (43 cal, 5g fiber)
      • ⅛ cup walnuts (90 cal, 1g fiber, 2g protein)
  • Dinner A (Sun, Tues, Thurs, Sat):
    • 3 oz grilled chicken (110 cal, 19g protein)
    • ⅔ cup root veggies (50 cal, 3g fiber, 1g protein)
    • 2oz chickpea pasta with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and 1 cup spinach
      • Pasta: 190 cal, 8g fiber, 14g protein
      • Nutritional yeast: 40 cal, 2g fiber, 5g protein
      • Spinach: 35 cal, 3g fiber, 3g protein
  • Dinner B (Mon):
    • Bistro Chicken Queso Fresco Salad Bowl (330 cal, 4g fiber, 12g protein) OR
  • Dinner C (Weds):
    • Apple & Walnut Salad (270 cal, 2g fiber, 8g protein) OR
  • Dinner D (Fri):
    • Santa Fe Style Salad with Chicken (230 cal, 3g fiber, 11g protein)

Total:

With Dinner A: 973 cal

92g protein

37g fiber

With Dinner B: 883 cal

62g protein

25g fiber

With Dinner C: 823 cal

58g protein

25g fiber

With Dinner D: 783 cal

61g protein

26g fiber

The total for all of these things, calorie-wise, is too low for what I will be doing this summer (field research). I already added the chickpea pasta, the parfait, and the nutritional shake because it was initially lower than this. Should I add another nutritional shake? Another snack? Maybe 2 slices of avocado toast or add more egg with my lunch? Or should I switch to regular egg? Does this even look nutritionally sound???

As it stands now, the first week of my grocery shopping will cost around $68. That is, obviously, above budget. However, a lot of the things on my list are things that I will only buy bi-weekly.

Small trigger warning for mentioning disordered eating below:

If you need my stats, I'm 4'11 and the heaviest I've ever been at around 170lbs. I gained the weight very rapidly because of binge eating. I've struggled with EDs a lot in my (relatively short) 20 year life, so I'm trying to lose the weight now in a healthy manor. I don't want to focus on calories too much, but I also can't do "intuitive eating" or anything like that. Please help???

submitted by /u/twitchy_and_fatigued
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MEZGfq6

No comments:

Post a Comment