Friday, March 10, 2023

When you reduce your deficit but lose more weight anyway

So I was feeling kinda off this week. I was super tired and I just didn’t have the energy to do the workouts I usually do so I decided to increase my daily calorie intake by about 200 daily for the week and stop exercising to give my body a bit of a rest. I was expecting this to slow down my weight loss by around a half pound for the week and I was totally okay with that. I had been extremely regular in losing about 1.5 pounds a week for the last 3 months of my weight loss journey and I figured losing 1 pound instead of 1.5 was a totally fair trade off for letting my body have a bit of rest. I also ate more carbs then usual because I felt like my body was craving a low effort energy source. Well, I stepped on the scale today and mind you, I fully expecting that I may have gained from water weight because of the carbs. Guys… I dropped 2.2 pound this week. That’s the most I’ve dropped in months. I’m guessing it has something to do with cortisol causing me to hold some extra water, so I know it’s not technically all fat loss, but a win is a win.

submitted by /u/Just-Kiwi-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/g76Ay84

No comments:

Post a Comment