Thursday, September 13, 2018

A few tough days coming up… but I’m not doomed!

I wasn’t sure where to post this, but I guess I’m just looking for some support/encouragement and maybe some strategies/ideas for my upcoming hard days.

Friday, we’re having a lunch BBQ at work. I’m signed up to help with prep/cooking and my boss will be there, so I have to go and actually eat the food. I’ve been told there will be burgers and hot dogs, but I don’t know what else will be served beyond that. I’m guessing potato salad, macaroni salad, coleslaw… It’s so hard to come up with a plan when you don’t even know what’s being served!

Then, next week, I’ve got two hard days back-to-back.

Wednesday is our company golf outing. Lunch and dinner are both provided. No idea what lunch will be, but dinner is definitely pizza. Thursday, we’re having lunch catered in for a big company meeting. I know the catering company, but not what will be served. It’s typically sandwiches (I may just toss the bread on those, even though it’s really good) and a lot of salads I can’t eat because they have broccoli (my intestines and broccoli do not mix well, which is really sad, but oh well).

So basically, all of these days are really about portion control and discipline. I think my best bet is to limit myself to “one serving” of things. One hot dog, one (SMALL) serving of potato salad (or whatever), load up on fruit and veg if it’s available. Two pieces of pizza, max. And then my breakfasts and dinners just need to be super on point. And the weekend needs to be super on point.

I guess I’m just trying to prepare myself for what’s to come. In the past, these few days are the type of thing would completely derail me. For weeks. And I really want to avoid that. I’ve been on a great streak now, for many weeks, and I don’t want to blow it. I may have to accept that I will likely go over my calorie goals on Wed and Thur next week, and possibly tomorrow. But that doesn’t mean that I have to go over any other day. It doesn't even mean that I will go over maintenance. I might not lose weight next week, but I certainly am NOT doomed to gain! I’m not doomed. I can control this.

Thanks for reading! I think I really just needed to work through it all in my head and have that realization that this is NOT the end of the world or the end of my weight loss.

submitted by /u/nogiraffetattoo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QqxdnA

No comments:

Post a Comment