Thursday, September 13, 2018

Are Crash Diets Always Bad?

Hi everyone, I wrote a short ebook on how I lose weight really fast before a wedding or other event. I have some experience with 24–48 hour water fasts and other types of restrictive "diets" which I've undertaken primarily for religious or spiritual purposes, so maybe for that reason (but maybe not), I find my routine to be totally doable. But even so I find that I can't quite talk to anyone about following a 7–10 day diet that involves one low-carb meal per day because I immediately receive backlash and what could be interpreted as anger.

My personal concern before doing things like this is to make sure my iron is at the right level. I have a history of very low iron, and fasting or eating very little with that can be dangerous. But other than that, I don't see a problem with them and I don't understand the fuss.

In many other countries (not North America) dieting is not so demonized. Why is it so looked down upon in America and why are people so categorically against weight loss diets, as if eating less for a week might immediately kill your thyroid, or worse, make you anorexic? Of course, nobody has bluntly made these suggestions to me, but people have asked if I have "an eating problem" when they found out that I did a fact "cut" before a holiday.

Do you think crash diets are always bad? If yes, why? And if not, why not? I'm super curious. While I knew dieting was controversial; I just didn't know HOW MUCH until now.

submitted by /u/AnaBrookes90
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NFyd8Y

No comments:

Post a Comment