Thursday, September 13, 2018

Accountability Buddy

Hi! I'm a 30 something guy who has struggled with body weight for most of my life. I've yo-yo'd, but within the past year and a half (roughly), I've gone from 220lbs to 160. At my lowest, I reached 156, and liked the way I looked and felt. Labor day set me back; I gained roughly five pounds with all the parties and family time.

My goal weight is 150 lbs, and I would like to hit it by thanksgiving. I think that weight would be an excellent baseline, with enough wiggle room to have a few slip ups and not hit a weight where I feel uncomfortable. I've found the last ten pounds to be particularly challenging, and after a number of different approaches, I've come to the conclusion that I think what would help me most is to have someone going through a similar struggle who might help me remain accountable.

I envision a text relationship where every day, or every other day, until my set date - November 22nd - I get a text message asking what my goal is for the day (in terms of CICO), what particular challenges might get in the way of that goal, and my plan for handling those challenges. In turn, I'd provide the same support to someone with their own weight loss goal.

I think having accountability to someone else who understands the process and is in it with me would be a tremendous help. So, a few questions:

  1. Is this an appropriate ask of the community?
  2. Are there any alternatives (i.e. an existing daily post wherein people essentially do this, just within reddit)?
  3. Most importantly, are any of your interested in this?

Finally, I recognize that bridging the gap between something online to something as personal as text messaging involves a degree of trust, and that there may be certain considerations to keep in mind when doing so. I'm happy to spend time on reddit developing a relationship, first, prior to switching to text. In fact, I think I may prefer that. In any case, I just wanted to throw out the suggestion and see if it took. I look forward to hearing y'alls thoughts!

submitted by /u/thus_it_wasnt_great
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OhrCyv

No comments:

Post a Comment