Monday, September 17, 2018

Breaking the idea of not feeling full without dessert and junk food.

So after many years of feeling unhappy with my weight, I finally decided to start doing something about it (kinda.)

I know my main problem is my love of junk food, and my tendency to snack A LOT between meals. I’m talking 2 packets of chips a day, and 3 + chocolate bars. Often I try to eat really small meals so I can just make way for all the junk food, but this has backfired because it just makes me eat more junk food to fill up and the cycle goes on, and the more weight I gain.

3 weeks ago, I started eating healthily, I did pretty well with my main meals opting for larger portions of ‘healthier’ foods - salads, vegetable curries, fruits etc with lesser calories so I would snack less on the junk food, but the one issue I had is I never felt full or ‘satisfied’ and so afterwards, I would always need the chips or the chocolate, albeit in lesser quantities than before. At one point I had gone out for lunch and tried to not have dessert, but I actually freaked out and panicked about how hungry I would feel, and grabbed a chocolate bar on my way back to the office.

I only lost half a pound last week so I really feel like my need for sugar and fatty foods after a meal is where I’m going wrong, but it’s like I almost get anxious when I’m not having this, I’m trying to go for lower cal desserts but I still feel like they’re sabotaging my progress, and fruit just isn’t cutting it.

Did anyone else experience this in their first few weeks? How do I get over it? I feel like it’s going to be key to my weight loss but the weird feeling of worry is really puzzling me.

submitted by /u/callmetots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D7d5V4

No comments:

Post a Comment